Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First Day @ Home...

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her
young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah
Psalm 84:1-4 (ESV)

We left the NICU about 6 PM last night, Tuesday evening. I slept through the whole first trip outdoors and first car ride deal, but I'm sure I'll get plenty of exposure to both. When we got home my folks placed me in a bassinet in our living room. I spent the rest of the night napping, eating, and taking in my new surroundings. Home is a lot different than the NICU was, so I decided to stay awake a lot last night in order to adjust to my new surroundings. One neat thing is I got to meet our cat, Annie. She was really cautious at first, smelling everything associated with me, and she dared to get closer as the night wore on. I guess her curiosity got the best of her, LOL. Now she just stays close by. Needless to say, it was a busy and tiring day.

Today, Wednesday, has been really low key. My Dad has gone out a couple of times to run some errands, but Mommy and I have spent the day hanging at the house. Our pastor, Burt, came by for a while. He toted me around just about the whole time he was here. He's got eight children so he's had a ton of experience at carrying babies, LOL.

It's good to be home! PRAISE!! I'll post more tomorrow, including some video of the trip. Please continue to pray that the first few days go well as we make the necessary adjustments, thanks! Later, JSR.

4 comments:

Karen Duncan said...

Jonathan: You don't know me but I have been keeping up with you through a co-worker at Pleasant Grove City Hall. Her name is Pam Johnson and her sister Debbie Coppick knows your Mother. Since Pam showed us your blog it has been a highlight of the morning for all of us to discuss you and the progress that God has been so good to bless you with. We are so delighted to see you have made it home to your own bed!I have a daughter in law named Brandy and she is pregnant with our first grandbaby. Well lo and behold her doctor is Dr. Ross and she is 33 weeks pregnant. I got to see where you started your journey (well almost see the location) when Brandy had to be kept overnight for observation because of pre-eclampsia in the Labor and Delivery in Brookwood hospital. She got to go home yesterday and is on complete bedrest. While we were there Tuesday evening I was thinking I bet Jonathan is getting ready to go home about now.We will continue to keep you in our prayers and please remember our Brandy and baby Natalie in your prayers. We know prayers work and the more the better! The doctors plan to deliver the baby in three weeks so that will be one month early.We also know that you won't be posting every day but please maybe occasionally so we can see how you have grown? You are the best thing of the morning with my first cup of coffee! God continue to bless you and your Mom and Dad, Karen Duncan

The Hamons said...

So happy for you all and Praise God right along with you in all that He has done for you and all the blessings He's poured out. I can only imagine the joy that must be in your hearts!

Blessings,
Elissa (friend of Darren Paulson's)

Anonymous said...

Jonathan: I have left a response for you once before. We are the praying women of HFS (that stands for Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart - that's alot for a little boy to take in so that's why I say "HFS").We have been praying for you since your arrival. You are God's little miracle and we want to say GOD BLESS AND WELCOME HOME! You have blessed our world more in these past 3 months then you will ever know. AMEN!

Laura said...

Praise, Sweet Baby Ray, that you are finally HOME!