Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Hunded & Fifth Day, "Discharge Day"

Today is the day we've been looking forward to since we got here, it's Discharge Day. PRAISE!! I had a good night and am going to have a busy morning. In a little while my doc will come by and do that one last thing that makes men cringe, LOL. I'll be monitored closely the rest of the day to make sure everything is good to go. Please pray that things go well and that there are no surprises. God has been ever so gracious to me every step along my journey and I know he'll continue to be. This afternoon my folks will have a long sit down with Dr. DiCarlo and then it will be time to go. The NICU usually discharges babies between 2 and 4 PM, so we should be leaving somewhere around that time. I'll post an update once we get home and I'm settled. I hope each of you has a blessed day. Later, JSR.
God said, “My presence will go with you.
I’ll see the journey to the end.”
Moses said, “If your presence doesn’t take the lead here, call this trip off right now. How else will it be known that you’re with me in this, with me and your people?
Are you traveling with us or not? How else will we know that we’re special, I and your people, among all other people on this planet Earth?”
God said to Moses: “All right. Just as you say; this also I will do, for I know you well and you are special to me.
I know you by name.”
Ex. 33:14-17 (TMSG)

7 comments:

Kim said...

How awesome! I'm so excited for all of you.

You know... you or Rebecca could CONTINUE maybe, another blog so that, maybe, we could still keep tabs on you all. Just a thought...

4theluv said...

Congratulations, Jonathan. Moving up from the condo to the big house! We know the whole family is excited, as is your church family.

Melissa said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

O,wow, I can't believe this day is finally here! What a day for you all. I'm with Kim in that you should continue to blog. I know so many of us have developed a kinship with you and it would be great to know how you progress. I'm so happy for ya'll. God is so good!

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon!

Well, I see by the blog on the wall that it's time to blow this popcicle stand (that's "Miami Vice" talk for gettin' out while the gettin's good) and head on to the house. You aren't quite old enough to know what a circus is but you're about to find out. There are going to be sights and smells and sounds like you've never seen, smelled or heard before, I can promise you that.

You're going to be meeting a big 4-legged furry creature named Annie who will probably be scared to death of little ole you, imagine that! And that room they're putting you in? Well there aren't going to be any more babies in there with you, it's all your's! Everything in there belongs to you to either lay on, poop in or wear.

Don't be looking for too much "alone" time from now on because your mommy and daddy are going to be about 2 seconds away. I think that will last at least 18 years because boys have to be watched very closely. Don't bother asking to have your own cell phone, plasma TV or to borrow the car any time soon either because they're not going to budge, at least not for a while.

Yes, things are about to change in a big, big way for you Big Jon. It's time to really begin experiencing some of the things that big people take for granted...things like smelling bacon frying early in the morning or seeing your daddy dance after Alabama makes a touchdown. Or hearing your mommy's laughter when you've done something funny. You'll know when it's sunny outside or when it's raining and the first time you see Christmas lights and snow, well, even I can't imagine how beautiful and wondrous those things must look to us the first time we see them as a child. You are going to be so full of wonder and curiousity that you will get filled up with all the things you want to know. You've been in a coccoon little man and your "butterfly-ness" is about to hit the highway to take you to the rest of your life!

Life is sweet, wonderful and full of surprises the same as you. God has a "GPS" already fixed, planned and ready just for you. I can not even begin to imagine all of the things that you will experience in your life that were only dreams in mine.

oh yes...see if you can get your daddy to stop by Dairy Queen on the way home. You don't know it yet but you're going to love ice cream.

Love,

your adopted aunt Sooz

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Everyone has been waiting for this big day. We can't wait to meet you in person. We have really enjoyed keeping up with your 'Journey' and I am sure once you get home and settled in you will continue the updates. Jon, take care of Mommy and Daddy and we will check in with you guys later.

Adrian and Tracy

Anonymous said...

Jonathan
We are so thankful that you are home. We thank GOD for the way He has blessed in your life as well as your Mommy and Daddy's life. We also want to thank all the Doctors, Nurses and Caregivers for the excellent care they gave you while you were in NICU. We pray GOD will bless in their lives as they have blessed in ours. Good to have you home. Be easy on Mommy and Daddy until they get used to having you home.
LOVE YA ALL. Pop & Meme