Saturday, June 7, 2008

Third & Fourth Days @ Home...

As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
Eccl. 11:5 (ESV)
The past two days have been pretty lazy around here. Well, for me they have been lazy. My Mommy and Daddy always seem to be doing something for me or other things that need to be done. My feedings are going well, some better than others, but still good, PRAISE! I'm starting to sleep longer when I nap. I was sleeping about 30 minutes at a time, but now I sometimes sleep from feed to feed (3 to 4 hours). I think my folks hope and pray this trend continues, LOL. Friday was a good day as Meme and Pop dropped in for a visit. One neat thing was it was their first opportunity to hold me. I think they had a good time, LOL. (I've included at the end of this post a short video from their visit.) Today has gone well with Mommy and I hanging out most of the day while Daddy did a ton of stuff around the house. He even did the monthly Wal-Mart run and cooked dinner.

Last week I mentioned that the blog (Jonathan's Journey) would be ended when I get home. My reasoning was that it was intended to record my journey through the NICU and to provide my loved ones with updates. Well, let me tell you that some of my family and friends weren't all that thrilled with that option. So, I've decided to continue to blog about my life as a preemie. However, soon there will be a new blog that will be updated every two or three days. This way all my loved ones, and anyone else who wants to, can follow my progress over the next few months. I don't have a title yet, but it'll happen sometime within the next couple of days, Lord willing. For the time being there will be a second photo album on the right hand side of the screen containing all the pics since I got home.

Thanks for praying for me and I ask that you continue to pray as the Lord leads. Little guys like me are vulnerable to sickness and the slightest little bug and turn into something serious in a snap. So, pray for health, strength, growth, and a good immune system. Tomorrow is Sunday and I know many of you will be attending worship. Don't forget to offer thanks for what the Lord has done, is doing, and will do. Thanks again!! Later JSR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the sleep issue is extending! It really is amazing how fast little ones can adjust to situations, yes it is possible. Looking forward to the new look on the blog too, I change mine all the time! Please tell your mommy that I am a stay home mom and if she needs anything to give me a call - 640-2990.

Sonya said...

I've recently discovered your blog here, and wish I would have stumbled upon it much sooner! It's now and my list, and I'll be back to read more very soon.

Moses Baskets said...

I like the Pop-up storage boxes & the Moses baskets. I used a basket with a hood on it when my boys were babies.
Thanks for sharing with us.