Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dr. Mena

Let me introduce you to Dr. Mena, the man who intubated me right after my arrival. He, Dr's. DiCarlo & Strange, the Nurse Practitioners, the Respiratory Therapists, and all the sweet nurses have been taking good care of me. This afternoon I overheard him talking with my parents about my white blood cells. He said they were somewhat high. There are two probable reasons for this. Either it is due to my body learning how to regulate itself or a result of the infection that caused me to be here this soon. The reason doesn't matter since they are treating me for an infection just to be safe. (I'll be on an antibiotic for about 10 days.) He's a cool dude and I like his accent.
BTW Dr. Mena told us that, "It's all those good prayers that are keeping him strong."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Baby Jonathan, We welcome you to the world and are all praying for you and your Momma and Daddy. I love your names and the meanings, you have been blessed with a beautiful legacy and title. All our love to you and your parents and grandparents! Love your cousins in Maine! Jim, Laura, Leigh, John and Lindy Harrison

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

jonathon, you are a precious blessing for your family at community. we are all praying for you and your parents. continue to grow strong, and know that your Abba loves you.

Rebecca and Keith, we love you and will keep your family in our prayers. we miss you, and hope to see all 3 of you healthy and strong very soon.

scott, kim, brendan, and ellas poston

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to hear your doctor say that! We need the science and the spiritual when it comes to our health. Guys, I'm so happy that Jonathan is doing so well. And I love the picture of him on his tummy, very cute. We continue to lift you up everyday. I think the entire state of Alabama is praying for your sweet baby.

Jennifer said...

BTW I didn't realize it before, but you were born on my birthday.

Grow real fast. I can't wait until you are in the 2-3 yr old class.

Jonathan said...

WOW, I've got family in Maine, wherever that is, LOL. It's good to hear from you guys and I would love to see you.

Happy belated birthday Jennifer. I'm sorry I missed it, but I was a little busy that day.