Wednesday, February 27, 2008

NInth Day...


Good morning to all. Well, I missed updating yesterday afternoon. Sorry 'bout that, but sometimes all our techno gadgets are more a hindrance than a help. Where do I start? OK, here it goes.

My day yesterday was just like we expected, filled with the mundane, but we like the mundane because it means there have been no sudden or drastic changes. Big sudden changes aren't really the goal for little guys. They can be a real shock to the system, just think of how they affect you grown ups! We want the slow changes that occur over time due to growth. So, I hung out with Mommy and nurse Annette, she's way cool. I slept, a bunch, went # 2 on my own twice, woo-hoo! It's common for the nurses to have to help preemies have a BM, so it's really good to be able to do it all by yourself. Also, I got some more "all natural" milk. Man, that stuff makes me smack it's so good! Mommy was here pretty much most of the day. Daddy had to work all day and into the night, but it's cool. Annette says he calls to keep tabs on me. Thanks for praying, it's great to know people are praying specifically for what I need.

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Col. 3:15-17 (ESV)
The night went good as well. I'm still on the SIPAP and it's really helping. I will need to stay on it for a while yet, but I am responding well to it. Last night Elizabeth was my nurse. She's great and we had fun. I was up looking around more than usual, nothing bad, I just spent some time checking out my preemie condo. I would make faces at Elizabeth whenever she checked on me. I did squirt her once just for fun. She is always good to give me milk on a Q-tip. She told my parents she does it because she likes the way I try to inhale the Q-tip, LOL.

Today will be more of the same. I'll have my morning Xrays and diagnostic. They'll keep a real close check on my O2 and CO2 levels, and blood work. We should get the results back from the head ultrasound I had the other day. I'll let you know how it comes out. So, today just pray for continued growth, strength, and stamina. Oh, almost forgot one important thing. I've gained 20 grams! That's big when you can go potty twice and still put on weight. Like I said before, "I'll take all the grams, ounces, and pounds I can get!"

I hope everyone has a great day and that you experience God's presence and know that Jesus loves you. JSR, out.

4 comments:

Burt said...

hey jray, we keep praying for you; please let us know if you ever think your mom and dad need anything (they may not want to ask so you'll need to tell us!)

Jamie said...

Jonathan,
We are praying for you everyday, thanks for sharing your prayer needs with us. We love you and your mom and dad very much.
Jamie,Shane, Sydney, Alex,& Kenzie

Anonymous said...

JONATHAN, WE ARE SO THANKFUL THAT YOU ARE DOING WELL AND GAINING WEIGHT.(I HAD TO LOOK UP AND FIND OUT HOW MUCH 20 GRAMS IS, ITS ABOUT .7 OF AN OUNCE).YOU ARE A BLESSING TO US. TO HELP TEACH PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.WE ARE REMINDED TO WAIT UPON THE LORD HIS WONDERS TO PERFORM. YOU, MOMMY AND DADDY ARE ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS. LOVE YOU ALL POP & MEME

Anonymous said...

Jonathan,
Tell Mom and Dad that we have tons of preemie baby boy clothes that our Nick grew out of and we would love to share them with you. Nick was born at 25 weeks also, when he got to 35 weeks he started gaining weight quickly. You are doing so well, it just takes a lot of time! We can't wait to see you in person. Tell your parents to call us if they would like to talk about preemie stuff.
With prayers,
David & Wendy Russell(wendydrussell@mac.com)