Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sixth Day...


Today is my first Sunday. Mommy & Daddy are at church (Community Presbyterian PCA in Moody, AL) and they'll be along after worship. They were looking forward to being with our church family. So many of them have prayed, called, emailed, visited, and given of themselves so generously! It's a big thing to get to be with God's people and celebrate the Gospel, Christ, and all that he is and does for us. So much that my little mind can't think about it too long or I get dizzy. Daddy says it's ok because the same thing happens to him. I know I'll be prayed for in other churches and I really appreciate it. My parents know lots of preachers, they should my Dad is one, and every preacher they've talked with has said their church would pray for me. That's too cool!! Dr. Mena was right when he said all these prayers are helping me, sometimes I think I can feel them. So, to everyone whose prayin', or has prayed, or will pray I say "THANKS!" and when I grow big enough I owe you a hug!!

9:42AM
I've had a good night and morning. My nurse, Shandra, and I just hung out. It's really good for me to have periods of "good" rest because preemies do a lot of growin' during those times. Labs look good this morning and I'm doing fine on the CPAP. One of my awesome respiratory therapist, Cherie (aka "Rie-Rie"), says if I can keep up with my breathing then I won't need to do the vent thing again. Pray that I can rest, maintain things, and gain strength today. So, I'm just here hangin', growin', and waiting on my parentals to get here. I wonder if our pastor, Burt, is still preaching through Acts?


2:51PM
Well, today I said "c ya" to the bili-lights. They may need to come back for a short time in the future, but my caregivers think they did the trick. My color is more pink than yella and I'm getting another blood boost, which is really gonna help "pinken" me up. I'm still breathing with the assistance of the CPAP, but hopefully I'll keep getting stronger and pretty soon my breathing will 100% me. My labs still look good, but there is still the possibility of a masked infection looming out there. We'll get the low down on that when I get off the antibiotics in 2 or 3 days. It's hard to keep track of what day it is when you're locked in a room with no windows. So, today is gonna be a light day.


I would like to close by reminding everyone that I still have a ways to go. I know this week has been amazingly good, but there is still plenty that needs to go just right. I've had a good BM, but in the future I will have to prove that I can have them regularly. Right now my meals are liquid in form, but when I start "feeding" we'll find out if my digestive machnery is in good working order. When little dudes are born early, most of their energy goes to working on the lungs, heart, and brain. This puts the tummy and bowels in a tough spot as they deal with being sort of ignored. One day soon we'll find out if they are sittin' on ready or if they need a jump start. So, I say all this not to steal any joy, but to remind everyone that we are progressing, but we are by no means done! Keep praying and I'll keep growing. JSR, out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jonathan,
You are all still in my prayers. I check from time to time in the day to see if there are any new posts. The Lord has been placing you all on my heart through the day, I know you are precious to Him. I think it is wonderful you now have music! I can just imagine the hosts of angels surrounding your bed and leading the whole process of your care.
By the way, I hear you have flowers and sunshine outside, we still have 4 to 5 feet of snow. You stay warm and toasty and keep growing strong. I'm watching from a long way away and cheering for you! Love, Cousin Laura

Anonymous said...

Good work J! Glad to hear things are still on track. It was great to see your mom and dad at church this morning. You can see the sparkle you have put in thier eyes. They love you so much! We will all keep praying and you keep on keepin' on!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i missed seeing your parents this morning, but i miss all of you. we're praying for you.

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon,

Happy Sunday my man. When dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was a little girl my mother used to wake us up every Sunday singing a song about it being a "happy Sunday morning". That meant it was time to get up and wipe the sleep out of our eyes, comb the tangles from our hair, put on our freshly ironed Sunday clothes, eat breakfast ("real" food, nothing from a box), pass the last "spit and polish" inspection from mother's eagle eye, scoop up our Bible and Sunday School book and head out the door for church. Going there was just as regular as breathing; you only stayed home if you were throwing up.

Even though it may be a little while before your mother gets to sing a song of her own to wake you up for church and do a little spit and polishing to get you ready, a day just like today will arrive for you sooner rather than later. Your mother and daddy love God and church and you are going to get real acquainted with both and make many new friends. Some of them will be little people just like you hangin' out all cool in the nursery while mommy and daddy go to "big" church and some of them will be more of those "big" people who will want to kiss and cuddle and tickle your feet and ooh and aah all over you. You might as well get used to that too. Boy, Big Jon, you've already got a list going of things you've got to get used to like cameras, kisses, hugs, tickles and church. There will be more.

Love,

your "adopted" aunt Sooz

Jennifer said...

Jonathon,

Sorry, I missed you at church, my son and I didn't want to get anyone sick.

You know what? With the bili-lights and the breathing, you seem to be doing better than my son, Matthew, did. He was only three weeks early (which isn't even concidered early).

He has a friend down the street who was about your size when he was born. Sounds like you have the energy and zest for life that he does.

I've been reading through Psalms. The song, or psalm, I read today was about going to the House of the Lord. I can't wait to see you there in a few months.

PS Mom and Dad, I am better and would like to help out any way I can.