Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tenth Day...


"Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 106:1 (ESV)
Last night my nurse was Heather. This was her first time to have me, so I behaved my self. I pretty much slept through the night. At some point they adjusted my IV fluids, which is a seemingly never-ending process. She weighed me and I had gained another 20 grams throughout the day yesterday and night pushing my weight to a fuzz over 1 lb. 13oz. It would be a real plus for me to continue this pattern of weight gain, slow and steady. So, please keep praying for this daily. My O2 is good this AM, which is another good sign. So, we are starting the day off on a good note. Just pray and beg God for a good day today. Please pray for these areas mentioned and anything else the Lord leads you to pray for. Also, I would like to ask you guys to say a prayer for the other babies in here. There is one new guy who is really sick and has many needs. I don't know his situation (man you gotta love HIPPA) but it's obvious he has some challenges. It's sad to see how much some of my roomies suffer. It makes me all the more thankful that God has me in his hands. He's so good to me!! That's all for now, gonna return to my slumber. JSR, out.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Jonathan-

Thank you so much for your blog! I am really enjoying reading it. But most importantly, I love having the specific things to pray for. I love praying in this way - full of information! :)
I read this psalm this morning and am praying this for you:

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people
both now and forever more."

Psams 125:1-2

I pray you would know His peace in your hearts and that it would be unshakable. I pray you would feel His presence with you daily, minute by minute, whereever you are. And I pray others would see and feel that presence and know God is with you. I pray through this they would come to know our Saviour.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, So glad to hear you had a good night.Pray you do well with your new diet today.Our prayers are with you and all of your roomies.We will be praying for all the Mommys and Daddys they are under a lot strain during this time. Look forward to you gaining more weight today and having a great day.
Love you all Pop & Meme

heather said...

Hey Jonathan I am so glad you are gaining weight keep it up. I have been praying for you and hope to come see you but the Nold's have been a little sick so we didn't want to bring you or your roommates in germs. Tell your Mom and Dad hi from us and that they are in our prayers and thoughts often. May the Lord be with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jonathan,
Tell your Momma and Daddy there are people in Colorado Springs, CO praying for you and your family. You are in Jesus' hands and we praise God for your beautiful soul.