Friday, February 29, 2008

Eleventh Day...


Last night was pretty much uneventful, which can be a good thing for a preemie. Heather, my nurse, and I just hung out. I'm still able to tolerate the feeding every three hours (I only get 1 cc of milk each time). I rested well and my O2 levels are good this AM. It's good to have nights where there are no earth shattering events. True, there are times when we are hoping and praying for something BIG to happen. But nights that we can classify as "ordinary" are good.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Matt. 6:34 (ESV)

I hope you guys understand just how smooth things have gone thus far, and how fragile my condition is. Dr. Strange says it would be wise to think of me as being in critical condition. My condition could change at any point without much of anything in the way of warning. It's like living with "nervous anticipation," a term I used yesterday. By nervous I don't mean we are about to have a freak session or worry ourselves sick. Rather, there is a sense of not being able to count on things staying the way they are. That's where faith comes in. Knowing that Jesus loves us and that God is in control of all this gives Mommy, Daddy, and me hope that, no matter what, we'll be alright. I would hate to be living this without knowing that my young life is Father filtered. I guess the word "nervous" sends the wrong message. Robert Smith, my Dad's favorite preacher, would call it "tip-toe anticipation," which is probably a better description. So, now that I've started your day by rambling, I'll go. Today we need to pray for continued success in feeding, good breathing, lots of rest, and continued growth. I'll check back with you guys later.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I praise God that things have been "uneventful" lately! Today I have been praying for strength and encouragement for you two- I know you're weary. We love you guys and will visit if we can ever shake these yucky cold symptoms!

Crissy said...

We're praying for you today. Rest well and tell your mom and dad that we're praying for them also.

Laura said...

A note for your Mommy: Rebecca, I'm anxious to see you and love on you a bit. Am thinking of you and praying for you often. Isn't it good to be part of the Community family?!