Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How we got here...

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isa. 55:9 (ESV)
Early in the morning on Sunday February 17, 2008 I awoke Mommy. I was 25 weeks and 1 day old, 15 weeks premature, but ready to enter the world. Something in my little world had changed and I knew it was time to go. (Dr. Ross would later tell us that Mommy had developed an infection and that my early arrival was God's way of protecting us.) So, Dad whisked us away to the hospital. Once we were settled in we went through the process of me and Mommy's body agreeing on when I would greet the world. This continued until Monday evening about 10:30 when our Labor and Delivery nurse (a really sweet lady named Angi) said Mommy and I were ready for my grand entrance. So, at 10:49 on Monday night with one last push I sprang into the light and thus began my journey.
me



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan,
My name is Karen Wyatt. I am a friend of your mommy and daddy and I can not wait to meet you. Your parents have waited so long for you and I know they can't wait until they can bring you home and show you off to everyone. You just do what the doctors tell you so you will be home soon. You are all in my prayers.
Much love,
Karen

Lynda Vest said...

Jonathan,
My name is Lynda Vest and I know your mommy and daddy. You sure are a lucky guy to have them as parents. I bet you are bathed in pray everyday, all day. I am also a Neonatal Nurse practitioner, so I know what you've got ahead of you. Hang in there little buddy. You can do it. Lynda Vest

Anonymous said...

Hello, Jonathan!

Nick, Luke, Elisabeth, and I are looking forward to meeting you, buddy! Tell your Mommy and Daddy that we ask God during our night-night prayers every day to help make you big and strong so you'll be able to come to Uncle Skip & Aunt Mary's house for the family reunion this year so EVERYBODY can meet you!!! You'll be the center of attention!
Lots of love to you!
Gayla

Anonymous said...

This verse brings tears to my eyes. Our Lord is so awesome!