Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Eighth Day...



Have you ever worked so hard and got so tired that you found it hard to remember how to do the simplest task? Well, that type of thing happened to me yesterday, but this morning I am bouncing back a bit. I slept like a baby last night, pun intended. My labs look better this morning and my energy is returning. Now don't get me wrong I don't feel like doing any cartwheels, but I did try to wrestle away from Elizabeth during our morning routine. So, I'm gettin' some of my spunk back. Growing is tough work, there's a ton of stuff our bodies do that big people don't have to think about because of their stamina. I, on the other hand, am still building some of my major muscles and I get tired really fast. Its' amazing how God displays his glory in the way all our parts work. I'm so glad He loves me and is taking care of me. I mean, He is the Creator as well as the Great Physician, he ought to know what's goin' on! Today will be a pretty mundane day in that I am not expected to have any tests other than day to day stuff. So, hopefully I can just rest. It's close to time for my routine morning eval so I'm gonna run for now. Oops, almost forgot. Please pray specifically for strength, rest, and my lungs today. Thanks!! JSR, out.

"May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you!
May those who love your salvation say evermore,
“God is great!”
But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay!"
Psalm 70:4-5 (ESV)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy. We are friends of your Mom and Dad (and Meme and Pop). We just wanted you to know that you are in our prayers and we know that God will continue to grow you into a big, strong young man. Keep fighting, for God has a plan for you. Love you "guys"
Wade and Pat

Karen said...

Hello Little one, You don't know me but I know the same God your family knows. I will be keeping you in my prayers. May God keep you strong and healthy always. Sincerely,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hello baby Jonathan. The Holmes are praying for you also. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Stay strong.

4theluv said...

You are in many prayers. God has given you a great set of parents and a great church family. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Tyler said...

Hi Jonathan, I am your new friend Tyler Gammon. My Mom and Dad know your Mom and Dad. Your Dad married my parents and they are so grateful. I know it is tough in the Nicu, but hang in there they will take good care of you just like they did me. I hope to meet you some day real soon. You are in my parents prayers. I haven't quite learned how to pray yet, but I know God is watching over you just like he does me. Get some rest ,so you can grow big like me.
We love all of you. Diana, Glenand Tyler

Anonymous said...

You are already an inspiration to so many. Keep up the good work. God's plan for you will be a mighty one.

Laura said...

We have been praying for Sweet Baby Ray and his parents while we've been in Dublin. Looking forward to seeing you guys now that we're home.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.