Friday, February 29, 2008

Eleventh Day (update)...

Today has been ok, I've rested well and Mommy got to change one of my diapers. I'm quiet sure the thrill of changing my diapers will fade quickly (Duh, ya think!), but it was good for my Mom to be able to do that. There were a couple of issues that came up. Earlier today they gave me a break from feeding. It seems that I didn't digest all of my last feeding so, they gave me a little break. This happens to preemies sometimes when they start feeding, but my docs aren't really concerned about it. Think about it, you are having to breathe, poop, and everything else when you are still supposed to be in the womb. So, sometimes little guys are a little slow to get their digestive system up to full speed. If it continues then they'll be concerned. The issue that remained prevalent throughout the day was a high CO2 level. My blood labs were a smidgen high, but still in the normal range. However, my CO2 monitor steadily showed a high CO2 level. So, the RT's kept a real close eye on it throughout the day. As the day turned to evening my CO2 began to level off. We'll see if it was a temporary problem or if the issue is more significant in nature. I'm kinda tired this evening, it's been a long week, so it's gonna be short tonight. I'll chat back at you tomorrow. JSR, out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello again from Bigbee, MS!! We love hearing from you all each day and look so forward to seeing baby Jonathan's updates. We had hoped to be able to drive to ALA tomorrow, but we are going to see what the weather is going to do. We can hardly wait to see our new cuzin!! Give our love to all!! Hope to see you all soon.

Love,
Rob, Sharon, and the Sargent Clan