Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First Day...

Today was full of firsts: I gave blood for some tests, I got a dose of medicine to strengthen my lungs, I got to meet some new friends, and I opened my eyes about halfway. Incidentally, for the foreseeable future I'll be giving blood every three hours for labs and such. Gotta make sure all my parts are doing what God designed them to do.

The remainder of my day consisted of more poking and prodding by a bunch of people. I get the wiggles when they start all that routine examination stuff, but they are only making sure my growth stays on schedule. Dad said it was like I moved from baking in an oven to cooking over an open flame. I suspect he would know better than I since my experience is pretty limited. Several times throughout the day someone came by to move the sticky things that are on me. It doesn't hurt, but it always seems to interrupt my nap. The carbon dioxide (CO2) sensor leaves three circular red marks, but they soon fade away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Jonathan,
I was so proud that I got to see you up close today. You are so amazing, truly a gift from God. We have prayed for you long & hard, and praise God you are here. You are so blessed, because so many are pulling for you, and God could not have given you better parents. We love you all very much.
Dennis & Siggie