Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mommy's Moment 2/23/08

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow... Praise Him all creatures here below!


My heart is overwhelmed with God's goodness and grace and mercy. Much of the past week of my life is a blur, be it from medication, stress, lack of sleep or whatever...but one thing is VERY clear. We serve a MIGHTY, AMAZING, MERCIFUL God who knows far better than we what is best. He has blessed our family so much this week. My heart is overwhelmed, and so very, very thankful.

This time last week, I was sitting here in my chair, crocheting Jonathan's blanket, talking with friends we had over for dinner, and feeling my precious son wiggle inside my belly. I can't believe how much life has changed in 7 short days! It seems so surreal, even now. Keith and I have a son - and he's here! He's beautiful... so tiny, but with so much personality already. He's a bit stubborn and headstrong. (I don't know where he gets THAT from... must be some recessive gene in the family!) His tiny little face can make the most amazing expressions. Sometimes he wrinkles up his brow, angry that he is being messed with by the nurses... sometimes he gives the biggest yawns...sometimes he almost looks like he's smiling! His tiny mouth works to blow drool bubbles, suck on his passie, and even to make small, soft cries unlike any I've ever heard before. They are music to my ears! Sometimes I just sit and watch him stretch and wiggle in his sleep...sometimes we hold hands, his tiny fingers wrapped around the tip of one of mine. I long for the day that I can hold him next to me and feel his heart beat against mine... Oh what a day that will be!

I cannot express to all of you my gratitude to all who have prayed, those we know and those we don't. Please keep praying for my sweet son. Pray that God will continue to work a miracle in Jonathan's life and continue to help him grow and progress. Pray that, even now, Jonathan will know the comfort and love of his Heavenly Father. Pray that he will come to a saving knowledge of Christ early in his life, and will serve Him in a mighty way.

Thank-you to all who have supported us this week. There are so many who came to the hospital and stayed so late Monday to lift us in prayer and await Jonathan's arrival. I know there are so many more of you who were home praying, waiting on that late-night call to tell you the news... Thank-you for giving up sleep to pray for us. So many of you came by the hospital to visit, have called to check on us, have sent or will be sending meals... We are so very thankful. God has blessed us abundantly with a wonderful Christian family!

Thank-you also to the many nurses we have met this week. You have all been so kind and so attentive in tending to me. Thanks especially to Angie, my Labor & Delivery nurse. You were wonderful and I'm so glad God sent you to me both Sunday and Monday night. Thank-you to Barbara, my PCA who blessed my heart so abundantly Wednesday morning. Your words of encouragement and your prayers for my son were a blessing from Christ. Finally, to all the nurses in the NICU... words cannot express how much you mean to me. Thank-you for not only taking amazing care of Jonathan, but for taking care of me and Keith, too. You have been so patient and kind to explain everything to us... so encouraging... so sweet to share in our joy along the way. You are all a blessing to all three of us.

Thank-you to my precious husband, Keith. You mean more to me than you can ever know. God blessed me exceedingly, abundantly more than I will ever deserve when He brought you into my life a little over eight years ago. Throughout my pregnancy, you were so kind and thoughtful. Thank-you for trying so hard to make life easy on me... especially when I felt bad or was so tired. Thank-you for taking such good care of me then, and especially this week. Thank-you for loving me and for showing that love to me in so many ways each day.

Most of all, thanks be to God. I give Him all the praise for everything He has done in our lives this week. I can see His handiwork everywhere I turn. There is a song I heard on the radio yesterday as we were traveling to the hospital and it has resounded in my heart ever since. "From the top of my lungs I will sing Hallelujah!"

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

No comments: