Saturday, March 1, 2008

Twelfth Day...


Good morning guys and gals. Last night went pretty good. My O2 remained consistent and I continued feeding. So, all is well at the moment in those areas. My Meme & Pop came up after 8PM last night for a visit. It was a good time as they took pictures and told me how cute I was, which I already knew, LOL. I was resting so I left it up to Mommy & Daddy to entertain them. They hung out for about an hour before I fell asleep. It was getting late and everyone seemed to be ready to call it a day. I know I was! I had a new nurse last night, Kim. It was our first time to meet, so she spent the night learning my quirks and tendencies. I hope I didn't make the shift tough on her. I can be fussy & high maintenance at times, but we little guys do require a ton of attention.

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."
Isa. 26:3-4 (ESV)
My nurse today is Julie. We're buds so I suspect my small outburst of agitation will be at a minimum. Hopefully, this will be a growing weekend since I have maintained my weight the last couple of days. Also, I seem to be recovering more quickly whenever I have breathing issues. They use my recovery time to evaluate stamina and efficiency. I not only need to be able to do the "mechanical" requirements for breathing, but I also must be able to process the O2 properly to gain it's benefits. It's very important that I begin to breath on my own as quickly as possible. It's great that God has given us the ability to do all the cool stuff they can do for preemies. However, there is a price for doing these things to babes like me. I am supposed to still be inside Mommy and anything they do increases my risk of health problems later in life. So, the quicker I become independent in my bodily processes, the less risk there is for me. I need you guys to continue to pray for my lung development, feeding, and digestion. Right now these are the areas of concern. Much of what the docs do in the future relies on these things going as smooth as possible. Don't forget it's Saturday and my folks will post their thoughts later in the day. Once again I would like to thanks everyone who is lifting me up. I am progressing at a good pace and I know one reason is your prayers. THANK YOU!! Love, JSR.

2 comments:

julesrk said...

Hey Keith and Rebecca! I just wanted to let you know I love you guys, and you'll continue to be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hello Keith, Rebecca, and baby Jonathan! WE are all praying for you and hope to see you soon. May God show himself in a mighty way to you all in a special way today!!!

Love you all..... the Sargent's from Bigbee (Sharon)