Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fifty-Eighth Day...

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Psalm 139:17-18 (ESV)

Greetings from my new address on the outer wall of the NICU! PRAISE!!! It happened late yesterday afternoon. This only happens when your caregivers feel that you're ready to be moved from among the most critical babies. All the babies in the NICU are said to be in "critical" condition, but those on the outside looking in are the most stable. My Mommy and Daddy are really excited. This is an answer to prayer and we are so very thankful for the grace God has shown us. I don't know how much longer I'll be here, but this puts me another step closer to going home, ;=). We are still taking things one day at a time; begging God for a good day today and worrying about tomorrow when it gets here. The rest of my day was good and everything continued on course. My breathing improved and I am still tolerating my feedings without issue. Today's focus will be to keep up the good work. Pray that I can continue to make strides with breathing efficiency, weight gain, strength, stamina, and maintaining my body temp. Thanks again for all the prayers and support. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Love ya, JSR.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is TERRIFIC!!! We ladies have been praying very hard for Jonathan and mommy and daddy. Keep up the great work in growing bigger and stronger and we will continue to PRAY... God is GREAT

The Ladies Bible Study Group
Birmingham, AL

Jenny Ellison said...

WTG Big man! Next move I want to see is right out of there and into your home! We love you!

Mimi and PawPaw

Burt said...

the outer wall ... wooohooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Brian and I were talking about you the other day. I've been keeping him up to date with your progress. It's amazing to see God's work in progress. I'm excited for you and your parents. Very happy news to hear today!!!