Friday, April 18, 2008

Sixtieth Day...


Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
3 John 2 (NKJV)
Good morning y'all. I hope everyone has a good Friday as we head into the weekend. I had a good day yesterday and pretty good night. I took another bottle yesterday and there were still no issues, PRAISE! My nurses are going to start offering me a bottle every shift (12 hrs.) rather than one bottle every 24 hrs. If I take and can tolerate it then this will continue, but if I have issues or simply don't want it then they'll just try again later. Last night my nurse, Robin, tried to give me a bottle, but I was sleepy and didn't give much effort. She had just weighed me and given me an exam and I was a little tuckered out. It's ok, that's to be expected...they'll just try again later. As long as the issue is my energy and not a lack of strength or my inability to obtain the food from the bottle it's alright. There's a difference between being tired and not being strong enough to accomplish a task. My O2 is improving and I continue to gain weight at a good pace. As usual, Mommy and I had a good time snuggling in the afternoon. That catches you guys up on the latest info. Today our focus will be consistent improvement in breathing, feeding by bottle, strength, and stamina. Please pray for these things as the Lord leads. I've gotta run so they can give me the customary morning exam. Blessings, JSR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for all his blessings! I am so thrilled you are doing so well. You just enjoy that snuggling time and don't forget to snuggle Daddy. :) We will keep praying for more improvement and that you will be home,at your own home, soon! Elizabeth

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon,

well look at you all laid up there and taking a bottle like a big boy! You know the thing about little people is that you change so much from day to day (big people change too but it just takes us a little longer to do it) that one day you look like your daddy and then the next day you might look like your mommy and in one of your pictures from way back I think you look just like another one of your adopted aunts, Deborah Phillips! how funny is that! Well in this latest picture of you laying all snuggled up with your little cap on I think you look just like that man on the TV show "The King of Queens", Jerry Stiller!

I think lots of baby boys look like little old men so I guess your day has arrived. In a way that's a good thing because what usually makes babies look like little old men in the first place are little fat wrinkles! Yes, I used the word "fat" and you in the same sentence! You are definitely on your way to eating your mommy and daddy out of house and home some day and I can sure see it in your photograph.

I guess things could be worse; you could be favoring somebody like Donald Trump with all that crazy hair rather than pudgy Jerry Stiller. Maybe someday when you get to be a big person you'll see an episode of The King of Queens and see Jerry Stiller on there and then you can call me up and ask me where in the world did I ever get such a nutty idea that you looked like him? Hey, I can only say that on your 60th day of being in the world that he's the one you happened to look like. But the beautiful thing about life and little people is that tomorrow you'll probably look like someone else totally different and somebody else will be thinking "now doesn't he look just like..."

So eat hardy Big Jon; life is an aromatic feast just begging to be savored by those who are willing to taste and see that it is good. The table groans with blessings, plenty enough for second helpings, for those who simply ask of the recipe for the Bread of Life.

bon appetit my little friend!