Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sixty-Ninth Day...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
John 3:16-18 (ESV)
Greetings and good morning from the NICU. It's hard to believe I've been here 69 days. I'm doing well and am having a great weekend. The staff has been adjusting my CPAP so that I am required to do more work in maintaining a good O2 rate. They've also been monitoring my body temp to observe how well I can maintain it. I must be responding well, since they moved me to an open crib late yesterday evening. This is a big step! If I can keep my temperature regulated then I'll be one step closer to going home. If I can't keep my temp regulated, it won't be a huge set back health wise, but it would be disappointing. If I need to make a return trip to an isolette they'll just let me grow a little more and try again. So, we are progressing in a positive direction. I'm fully immunized, don't have any tubes, get held everyday, and am learning the art of nursing. Life could be worse! God has been so good to me. I've had a couple of persistent issues, but nothing like some of my roomies are dealing with. My folks thank God everyday for the grace he has shown us. Today will be a lazy Sunday unless something comes up, which is always a possibility with preemies. We're still approaching each day with the attitude of begging God for a good day today and worrying about tomorrow later. I haven't journeyed out of the woods yet. If I was, I'd be out of the NICU- but I'm working on it. Please continue to pray for my ability to breathe on my own, good feeds, strength, body temp, and stamina. I hope everyone has a great time of worship today. Blessings, JSR.

No comments: