Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fifty-First Day...

...Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 (ESV)
Good morning from BMC. Yesterday was another good day along my journey and last night went great as well. My feeds are still at 25 ml per serving and I am still on the Nasal Cannula, PRAISE! My stats are looking better. I have always been one whose stats would bounce around from a little high, to a bit low, to smack dab in the middle. However, last night my stats were more consistent and the range was more narrow, PRAISE! This is possibly a sign that my breathing efficiency is close to turning the corner, which is good news. Keep praying for my breathing issues to continue steady improvement. The next few days could be BIG if my efficiency improves allowing my O2 saturation rate to reach the normal room air level. Right now I'm getting some assistance from the CPAP through the NC. The next step is for the amount of help given by the CPAP to gradually decrease. This will happen as my body continues to process the air I breath in more efficiently. So, pray that my ability to get all the goody out of the air will improve. The day my breathing is done 100% by me will be HUGE for my development. Thanks to everyone for your faithfulness to keep up with my status and pray for my specific needs. I'm gonna got for now as the day is off to fast start. Continue to pray for strength and stamina. Blessings, JSR.

7 comments:

Burt said...

all good stuff ... keep growing, we'll keep praying

Anonymous said...

Good morning little fellow,
Thank God for another good night. Keep up the good work,so you can get to the outer circle in the nicu.See you saturday,
Love you very much Mene andPop

Graced said...

I'm a "stalker" of your website. I found you through a friend's blog and I have been following Jonathan's journey from the beginning. It has been wonderful to pray with you and feel a connection with your family even though we have never met.

I just realized that you are at BMC. We will be there tomorrow morning for my eight year old to have surgery on his arm. I will be thinking of you all as we wait there. Before you know it sweet Jonathan will be eight, too. (and big and rough and tumbly just like my E.!)

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon!

you know, there are a lot of songs about air, breath and breathe out there in the airwaves. Air is a pretty important thing to have. We truly are "fearfully and wonderfully made" because even you, as tiny as you are in your "easy bake oven" in the NICCU, automatically knew to breathe once you made your appearance. I'm glad I don't have to understand how it all happens I just know that it does. There's an "oldie's song" (something big people listen to) that says "sometimes all I need is the air that I breathe just to love you". I think your mommy and daddy would agree with that one. There's another one called "Every Breath You Take" that a man with a funny name, Sting, made very famous. And sometimes at church we sing a song called "Breath of Heaven" or maybe another one called "Breathe on Me" (don't laugh Big Jon it really is a sweet song, it just has a funny title).

Every breath you take (see, there's that Sing song again) makes you stronger. Those little lungs of your's are working hard to beef themselves up so that you can graduate from your "easy bake" to your brand new nursery in a place you will someday soon be calling "home". Home is another subject for another day because it's another one that big people like to talk about. Your mommy and daddy have gotten everything ready for you and I know you're going to love it.

So for now Big Jon, please have a wonderful day just breathing in all of the goodness that God is sending your way.

Love,

your adopted aunt sooz

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray family... We miss seeing you guys, but are so glad to see how well Jonathan is progressing! It is great that you have this blog so that we can keep up with his development. Jonathan is on the right track to be moving to the outer walls of the NICU- yea!!!
Our life has continued to be busy since coming home with Kendall (a.k.a. Miss Molina). She is doing great, no setbacks, and is up to 4lbs. 8.5oz. - wow!!! Take care and we will be in touch.

The Molina Family
(Tod, Kelly, Tristan, Grayton and Kendall)

Anonymous said...

Little Jonathan,
You are indeed "fearfully and wonderfully made!" Our boys are amazed at how small you are. When you're bigger and able to play outside, your mommy will have to let you play trucks with Nathan. We'll look forward to that day!

Love,
The Hames family

Unknown said...

So good to hear that you are making great progress. Keep up the good work. We are still praying for you as well as for your Mom and Dad. Love You Guys!
Wade and Pat Cooper