Monday, April 14, 2008

Fifty-Sixth Day...

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
Psalm 91:2 (KJV)

Greetings y'all, I hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine. I've an excellent two days and am gearing up for another week. Today marks two months that I've been here. WOW...that doesn't seem possible! In a way it seems like I've been in the NICU longer than that, but in another way it seems like I just got here. In eight weeks I've changed a lot and made a huge amount of progress. My heavenly Father has been SO gracious to me and my family! It's really humbling to think about how good God has been to us.

Today's goals the same goals we've had for the last couple of weeks. Please remember to pray for improved breathing efficiency, continued success with feedings, strength, and good lab reports. BTW Dr. Mena has upped my feeds to 29 ml every three hours and I'm tolerating them well, PRAISE! I'm getting to the point to where a nurse actually mentioned my moving out of the middle. (Remember, the most critical cases reside in the middle rows and the more stable babies are on the outer walls.) We're not there yet, but it could happen in the not too distant future. I just need to stay the course and keep getting stronger. We're still taking things one day at a time, begging God for a good day today. We'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Thanks again for your prayers! I'll talk to you later, it's time for my morning exam. I hope Christ is very real to you today. Later, JSR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was forwarded a link to your site through our church's prayerline. I just wanted you to know you're in EXCELLENT hands! The NICU at Brookwood ROCKS! My daughter was born 15 weeks premature and weighed 15 ounces. She is now 6 1/2 years old and I still LOVE to go back and visit all our friends at Brookwood. If you'd like to read her story, you can go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/morganprince.

Tell all the docs and nurses at Brookwood we said hello. We will keep your little man in our prayers!

Paige M said...

Happy two month birthday! We love you.