Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fifty-Ninth Day...

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:4-7 (ESV)

Good morning, the day before yesterday was a big day because we got to move out of the middle. Well, yesterday was my first full day after the move and I started getting settled into my new space. It's a little darker, cooler, and quieter in our new location. The middle is where most of the action is so it has more lights, electronics, computer and monitoring devices, medical equipment, and people; all of which contribute to heat and noise. It's like we moved from downtown to the suburbs. Yeah, we like our new place. Another big thing that happened late yesterday afternoon was I took my first bottle. It was cool!! My nurse, Mindy, came over to me and Mommy and asked, "Are we ready for our afternoon snack?" Mommy said, "I think we're ready." To which a smiling Mindy replied, "What about a bottle?" So, I had my first bottle. (Below is a video clip of a portion of the experience.) I took the whole thing without issue, a very good sign for a preemie taking their first bottle, PRAISE! It's hard work trying to get that milk out of that bottle when you're used to it being poured in you through a tube, LOL. A nurse will give me my first few bottles to make sure I'm all good. When the staff is satisfied that I can take a bottle consistently then Mommy and Daddy will get to feed me by bottle. The next step would be nursing, which Mommy is really looking forward to, but we're not there yet. Another cool thing about today was my Meme and Pop came up for a visit. As usual Mommy and I had our time together, which was the highlight of my day. Obviously, today was a good day! I have been here (living in the world) for a little less than two months and already God has been more gracious to me than I will ever deserve! Grace is truly amazing. Enjoy the clip. JSR, out.

4 comments:

Kim said...

How cool is that? He is really growing! I'm enjoying watching him grow...

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I can hear the countdown clock for home ticking now!
Wendy Russell

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Great video, great news!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan! You're getting to be a big boy. Praise the Lord for that. Thanks for the updates and letting us share in "Jonathan's Big Adventure". May you continue to grow in wisdom, stature and favor with God and men. xoxoxo
Val W.