Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sixty-Fifth Day...

Greetings from the NICU @ BMC. I've had a really good day and night. Yesterday I continued to show no ill effects from my vaccines, PRAISE! Often preemies get a little sick after getting vaccinated, but I'm good. I have one more round of shots to go, so pray they go as well as my others have. My feeds continued to go well and my nurses kept alternating between OG tube feeds and bottle feeds. Of course, one of those bottle feeds was nursing in the afternoon when Mommy was here. This schedule will continue for a few more days, which is not a bad thing. I have maintained my pace in breathing improvements, PRAISE! My doc thinks I'm ready to come off the Albuterol and my Vibro-therapy is going to be discontinued. Albuterol is a medicine given to preemies and asthmatics to assist them in breathing. I have been taking it for about a month. Vibro-therapy is a treatment that Respiratory Therapists (RT's) administer for chest congestion in preemies. Sometimes we little people have trouble coughing up all the saliva we produce. When this happens the trapped saliva collects in the chest and throat making breathing more difficult. To combat this a RT, or nurse, will gently tap you on the back using a long wand with a padded end. This loosens up the stuff you can't cough up so it can be extracted. It sounds like they're really beating you, but it's all sound with no furry, LOL. My Dad told Candy, one of my RT's, he was gonna call DHR if she didn't quit, LOL. It will be good if I can stay off the Albuterol and not need any further Vibro-therapy. We still have a ways to go, but we are heading in the right direction, PRAISE. Keep remembering my breathing in your prayers. Thanks! Today we're praying for continued improvement in all these areas. I'm gonna run so I can get my morning exam done. I'll chat more later. BTW, My Mommy really likes the outfit I'm wearing in this picture. It was a gift from some great friends in Decatur, Lyne & Stewart Bennett. JSR, out.

“Remember these things, O Jacob,
And Israel, for you are My servant;
I have formed you, you are My servant,
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me.
"I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud
And your sins like a heavy mist.
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
Shout for joy, O heavens, for the LORD has done it!
Shout joyfully, you lower parts of the earth;
Break forth into a shout of joy, you mountains,
O forest, and every tree in it;
For the LORD has redeemed Jacob
And in Israel He shows forth His glory.
Isa. 44:21-23 (NASB)

1 comment:

Burt said...

JRay, i'm excited about these good reports - keep 'em coming