Thursday, April 3, 2008

Forty-Fifth Day...


Greetings from the NICU. I hope everyone had a restful night's sleep. Yesterday went well as I pretty much maintained my current pattern of growth. My feedings continued to be good and my digestion is still very good. My O2 saturation rate is holding at about the same level. I am making some progress in this area, but it's a slow grow, LOL. Dr. DiCarlo told Mommy that he's pleased with where we are and things are looking good. The next step for me breathing wise is to reach the point where I can ditch the CPAP mask and use the Nasal Cannula (NC) alone. Once I reach this point I may begin nursing and will no longer be fed through a tube, but "naturally" by Mommy. I'm no there yet, but I'm creeping up on it. BTW, she's already let it be known that she is ready when that time comes, LOL. I have some slight swelling in my lower legs and feet. This is a normal consequence of my lung issues and is not a major concern. If it gets worse they'll treat it, but this type of isolated swelling is very common for preemies with breathing efficiency issues. Today we'll continue the six hour rotation between the CPAP mask and the NC. Actually, the staff is not following a strict schedule on the NC. I stay on the mask for six hours, but when I'm on the NC they keep me on it longer, which helps me gain stamina. It's time for the morning diagnostic so I'm gonna run. Please continue to pray for my feedings, and breathing issues. I'll keep you posted as things change. God continues to bless us with good days and we're so very thankful. Remember to thank Him for all his gracious provisions when you pray. Blessings, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey little one
Sounds like you had a good day.Keep up the good work and we will see you tomorrow afternoon.
Love you Meme and Pop