Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sixty-Second Day...

Greeting y'all, I've had a great weekend thus far. Yesterday was another good day and last night went smooth. Yesterday was really relaxed around here, which is rare. I had some friends of my folks drop in for a quick visit. The Corns, Dennis & Siggie, came by about mid afternoon. Mrs. Siggie and Mrs. Debbie (aka. Diva) painted my nursery for us. I hear it looks great! Later in the afternoon the Leathers , Ed and Kathy, stopped in for a short time. They gave me this cool CD that has traditional/classic children's songs with my name substituted in them- really cool! I nursed for the second time yesterday and got 16 ml on my own and they supplemented the rest with a bottle. Sixteen is pretty good for only my second time. Everyone was real impressed, LOL. They've adjusted my feeding schedule to where I now nurse once a day, take two bottles a day, and the rest of the time I'll be fed through the tube. Step by step we're getting there! My parents are still subscribing to the one day at a time philosophy, which is wise. Although I've been doing extremely well things could still take a turn in the other direction. It's like that with preemies. We'll just take things as God brings them to us because, no matter what, he is faithful, and his grace always abounds. Today's emphasis will be on continuing to improve my strength, stamina, O2 rate, and feedings. It's time to get into the day so I'm gonna run for now. Blessings, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you guys are doing GREAT! You will be home in NO time. Once Isabella started feeding like Jonathan is, she was home in two weeks it seemed like. Soon he will be on all PO feeds then you before you know it..... you will be home. im so happy to hear he is doing good. You still remain in our prayers. Miss you!

Kim, Jamey and Isabella Frazier