Monday, April 21, 2008

Sixty-Third Day...

Hello guys, I hope everyone's weekend went well. All in all I had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday afternoon was a little rough. I was having trouble keeping my stats up and I kept falling asleep during my feedings. Mommy and Joy, my nurse, tried a few things to keep me awake so I could feed to no avail. Then Joy checked when my next hemoglobin test was due. (This is a test that checks my blood count.) I was to have one on Tuesday so she went ahead and ordered it for yesterday. The test revealed that I was running a quart low, LOL. So, they gave me a boost (transfusion) and I perked right up. If you've ever had a low blood count then you know it just saps you of any energy. It's the same for little dudes too. However, the blood deal wasn't the rough part of the day. The rough part was I had an upset tummy. It's normal for babies to have an upset tum tum every now and then. I just couldn't get comfortable. It was like eating bad Mexican food, LOL. I think this was my first tummy ache. I'll tell you one thing, all the firsts in life are not great experiences. Also Meme and Pop came up for a visit, which was cool. So, my day was pretty normal for a baby. You know, even a tummy ache can be a good sign. It's good to have "normal" baby issues (like a tummy ache) to deal with that don't mean anything serious, even if it's not very pleasant :=) I continue to make gradual improvements in my breathing, feeding, stamina, and strength, PRAISE! My feeding schedule has been modified so that I will alternate between an OG tube feed and bottle feeding. Once a day one of the bottle feeds will actually be a nursing feed. So, we are making strides, PRAISE! It's so amazing how God has moved me along through this whole process. I can't over state how gracious he has been to me on my journey. We have not had to deal with many major issues and my care givers have been GREAT! Also, thanks to y'all for your prayers and support. Well, I'm gonna run as it's time for me to get started on my morning routine. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. JSR, out.
Nebuchadnezzar the king to all the peoples, nations, and men of every language that live in all the earth: “May your peace abound! “It has seemed good to me to declare the signs and wonders which the Most High God has done for me.
“How great are His signs
And how mighty
are His wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom
And His dominion is
from generation to generation.
Dan. 4:1-3 (NASB)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the nursing feeds! Boy, are you growing. God is SOOO good. Will keep praying for you all! May the LORD bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you and give you peace. Elizabeth

j_webb said...

Wow!..., I was thinking the same thing! He is GROWING BIG! I know God has a special plan for this little guy. Keep up the good work JR!

Anonymous said...

hey, sweet boy. you look good, sorry about your tummy!!!!!
I will keep following you and praying a lot.
Love can come "long distance" -- I have come to love you and your fighting spirit just by checking on you all the time.
Get big and healthy and go home soon, hey i know you need to get fatter too.

Love, Jon Jon Paul's Granny