Friday, April 4, 2008

Forty-Sixth Day...

Good morning from the NICU @ Brookwood MC. I had another good night again last night. My feedings went well, and I'm still showing slow but steady progress in my breathing. Once I start breathing 100% on my own then my status may change to a "less critical" condition. Let me explain it this way. Every baby in the NICU, no matter what, is considered to be in a somewhat critical condition, that's why they're in the NICU. However, there are different stages of "critical condition." Just because a baby is in here doesn't mean they are in a life threatening state. Although all babies are more vulnerable to life threatening health conditions. Anyway, if your condition is serious then you are put in the middle rows of beds. If you're stable then you get placed on the outer walls of the NICU. So, the goal is to get kicked out of the middle. That doesn't mean you're free and clear, but you're doing really, really well. I hope I didn't confuse you with that, LOL. All these good night in a row are steps closer to that happening. Therefore, keep praying for boringly normal updates. I ask you to continue to pray for my breathing development, feedings, and digestion. God is so faithful and he has been better to me and my family than we deserve. Thanks so much for being instruments of God's provision and love!! Later, JSR.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written the days
that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
Psalm 139:13-16 (NASB)

3 comments:

4theluv said...

Hey, buddy. I'm checking everyday and praying for you and your parents. Keep those bright eyes smiling and tell your parents the Luvs send their hellos.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan , I have had some things that took me away for a few days, now i'm back watching you grow!!!

You look so sweet.
I was prayingfor you even though I was away, I continue to pray for you to breathe on your own, and it will come in time I know.
Jon Jon Paul's Granny

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, it is wonderful to see your steady progress. I think of the precious gift you are to mommy and daddy, and how lovingly and thoughtfully the Father is tending to your needs. I pray for you and your mom and dad, and hope to meet you one day soon. Val W. ooo xxx