Monday, April 7, 2008

Forty-Ninth Day...

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Heb. 11:6 (NLT)

Hello and good morning. I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did. Yesterday went fairly normal with one notable exception, I wore clothes for the first time. Joy, my nurse, dressed me in a white snap up shirt made for little babies (see pic). She surprised my folks with it when they arrived. Mommy was really happy about it, but Daddy was like, ok he's wearing a shirt. Mommy has wanted to dress me since I passed the 1,250 gram mark, LOL. The rest of the day was fairly normal. I got a blood boost late yesterday afternoon. Dr. DiCarlo has increased my feeds to 24 ml per feeding and I continue to tolerate my feeds really well, PRAISE! As of 5 AM this morning I weighed an even 3 lb. and was 40 cm. long, PRAISE! I still get little tweaks added to my feedings that serve as nutritional supplements. It's like when someone takes a daily vitamin for better nutrition. The only other news of note is that I have been on the NC (Nasal Cannula) exclusively since yesterday around 2 PM. If I can stay on the NC without having to revert back to the CPAP mask I'll be one step closer to normal breathing. Pray for strength, stamina, and breathing efficiency. Well, that's all the news and it's time for my morning physical. I'll talk to you later. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Blessings, JSR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cool to see him becoming more and more alert. I love these pictures with his eyes open, discovering the world around him.

Cherie said...

Hey Rebecca and Keith, I'm looking forward to seeing Jonathan Thursday. I'm confident he will have stayed on his cannula. See ya'll Thursday!

Dana said...

Keith & Rebecca, you've got a beautiful baby boy! We're so thankful he's growing and getting stronger. Take care of yourselves!