Saturday, April 5, 2008

Forty-Seventh Day...

Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127 (ESV)
Hello, I hope everyone is keeping dry on a rainy Saturday morning. I had a good night last night. There were no major developments either way, which is good. Mommy spoke with Dr. DiCarlo yesterday and he is still pleased with where we are. The staff has cut back my chest Xrays to one every other day. My Xrays have been looking good so this is another positive step. My docs have told the nurses to start adding Iron droplets to my feeds to help my hemoglobin. There are no blood issues, but my caregivers are always making little "tweaks" to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need. They're all careful to make sure we little guys and gals get the best possible care. I have also started receiving Lasix every 12 hrs. to help with the swelling I mentioned earlier. It's not that I'm swelling up like a balloon, but the swelling wasn't reducing very quickly, so they're going to help it along. Again, a normal issue for little people like me in the NICU. Now, I think I've caught you up to the latest news. I really appreciate every one's concern!

A really cool thing happened today, my Grandpa Hal came from Atlanta for an afternoon visit. I hadn't seen him since the night I was born. He works with the Red Cross and own his own wood-turning business; he's a really busy man. Meme & Pop were also here. So, I had all my grand-parents here with me this afternoon, COOL!

Today's focus will again be on improving my breathing and continuing to have successful feeds. Pray for these things as the Spirit leads. I hope y'all have a great day. You keep prayin' and I'll keep growin'. Later, JSR.

No comments: