Thursday, May 29, 2008

100th Day...

Today marks the one hundredth day of my journey through the NICU. WOW, has it really been one hundred days?! In some ways it seems like longer, but in other ways it seems like I was born yesterday. Speaking of yesterday, it was a really good day for me. I am still off the cannula, PRAISE! My breathing continues to be just what the docs want to see, PRAISE! The nurses, RT's, and doctors have all been so good to give me exactly what I need to succeed. God has really worked mightily through them. Everything is still moving in a positive direction and it looks like I may be heading home sometime next week. The docs want me to be breathing 100% on my own for seven days before they'll send me home without O2. So, if things keep improving I could go home a week from yesterday, Wednesday. My folks are still keeping a "one day at the time" attitude, but you can tell they're already thinking about what's next. They have been working really hard to make things just right for me when I come home. Today I'll be closely monitored to make sure I'm good O2-wise. So, pray that everything continues along its current path. I hope you all have a great day filled with Christ's peace and love. Later, JSR.
Psalm 113
Who Is like the Lord Our God?
Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
praise the name of the Lord!
Blessed be the name of the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!
The Lord is high above all nations,
and his glory above the heavens!
Who is like the Lord our God,
who is seated on high,
who looks far downon the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap,
to make them sit with princes,
with the princes of his people.
He gives the barren woman a home,
making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!
(ESV)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for his wonderful power and tiny miracles!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for all he has done.Our prayer for today is for you to keep breathing with out any help.We love you very much, Meme and Pop

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful little boy.
I have gained strength by following your journey.
Jon, my husband is on chemo and I really get a good feeling when I check on you and see you doing so well.
god bless you little one and your parents too, I pray for all of you every day.
Love, JON JON Paul's granny

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, you have truly been blessed. I have been following your progress since day one and now you have reached 100!, you have done so well. I have also been following another premie who is in the hospital in MN. She has been in the hospital for 7 months and you weigh almost as much as she does. I'll keep lifting you up to the Lord and hope to hear you'll be going home soon.
Cheryl Ezell, Leeds, AL