Saturday, May 10, 2008

Eighty-Second Day...

The weekend is here! I like the weekends when things slow down and the NICU is not SO busy. I slept in a little late this morning. I don't have anything special scheduled, so why not? Mommy and Daddy must have slept in as well. Daddy just called at 7:30 for the morning update on me, he usually calls a lot earlier. My nurse today is Ann, she's nice, and she told him that I was doing fine, I'd had a good night, and was just hangin' out. I'm still doing well with my feeds, breathing, pooping, and body temp. Actually, the only thing keeping me in the NICU are my eyes. There's nothing wrong with them that we know of, but all preemies have to reach a certain level of eye development before they are discharged. I ave a eye exam set for next Tuesday. Then we'll find out the details on when I might be going home. We're still taking it one day at a time, but my journey through the NICU appears to be nearing it's end. Still, we won't count our chickens before they hatch. God has been so gracious to us during this time! Please continue to pray for my continued growth, improvement, strength, and stamina. Also, pray for my folks as they are "stressed" about everything being perfect for me when I do get to go home. They work hard and try to squeeze every second out of each day getting the house ready for me. I'm gonna run for now as it's time to get the morning routine started. Don't forget about tomorrow, Mother's Day! Later, JSR.
Jesus answered, “God can do things
that are not possible for people to do.”

Luke 18:27 (NCV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, jonathan you look so good! i'm so happy to hear your journey home is getting closer and closer to being a reality.

Jenny Ellison said...

I know your mommy is going to have the best Mother's Day ever! And I know she and Daddy will be really excited when you get home!

Love,
Your other Mimi :)