Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eighty-Eighth & Ninth Days...

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jer. 29:11 (ESV)

Hello, as some of you noticed I missed yesterday's update. I got busy in the AM and it just snow-balled. I never could squeeze in a few minutes of computer time to update. Thursday was a day like the ones I've been having lately, really good. Friday, however, was a much more interesting day. The ophthalmologist finally came by and did my eye exam. He concluded that my eyes aren't yet fully mature, but he's fine with me going home on O2. So, that leaves the decision of should I stay or should I go to my folks and my docs. Dr. Mena told my Mommy, "You tell me you want to go home and we'll start heading that direction and he'll be fine. But, I'd rather have him off his O2 before he goes home." My Mommy and Daddy agreed that it would be better if I was off the O2 when I went home. If I go home breathing on my own then I will have fewer doctors and fewer visits to the doctors I do/will have. So, we are going to try some different approaches to kinda force the issue on weaning me off O2. This is not uncommon for preemies. I will be reevaluated next Friday and we'll go from there. So, it's all good. I'm still doing great, but things aren't working out like we all "planned" in our minds. Ain't it funny how God does that. He doesn't seem to get consumed with our plans like we do. He just does what he does and it's always right and good. That's so cool that He's that way for us or we'd really get into trouble. Well, you are now up to date. Please pray for me to be weaned off supplied O2 and to begin to breath room air 100% on my own. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Later, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey little man,
See you tomorrow afternoon,after we go to your cousin Kandance's party for her graduation from school.One day I hope you willmeet her. See you tomorrow WE love you Meme and Pop. We praise God for all he has done and continue to do. We thank him every day for you