Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seventy-Sixth Day...

The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."
Jer. 31:3 (NASB)

Greetings from the NICU @ BMC. I hope each of you is having a great weekend. My weekend has been event free thus far and pretty laid back. Yesterday I got to spend the whole day cuddling and hanging out with Mommy. Sometimes when we cuddle I get a massage, which is really relaxing. The other day a physical therapist (PT) who specializes in little people came by for a visit. While she was here she trained my Mom in the fine art of preemie massages. Let me tell you they are GREAT! If I'm stressed and my muscles all tensed up Mommy will give me a massage and turn me into a limp noodle. Yeah, massages are way cool. Lately my parents have been doing more of the normal care stuff for me when they're here. The nurses check on me often...all the time...but Mommy changes my diapers and clothes, takes my temp, adjust my positioning, and feeds me. Dad does his share when he's here, but work doesn't let him come as much as Mommy. He had to work yesterday, but he came by after work for some snuggle time. When I'm being held by Daddy I get a ton of kisses on the top the head.

Dr. Strange is the primary doc in the NICU this weekend. Yesterday she upped my feeds to a maximum of 60 ml per serving. Basically, getting just 45 ml of milk wasn't always enough food for me and I would get hungry before my next feeding. So, Dr. Strange changed the amount so I can get what I need up to 60 ml per feeding. Obviously, I'm doing really well with my feeds, PRAISE! Also, I'm still on 1 liter of pressure from the CPAP, another PRAISE! So, things are steadily progressing in the right direction. The staff says that I'm doing great and they're pleased with my progress. Of course we all know it's not me, but the work of the Great Physician. God continues to bless me above and beyond anything we could've dreamed. My folks are always saying how thankful they are for the grace God has shown us. Well, I'm gonna run so my nurse can get me started on my day. I hope everyone has a great time at worship. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Blessings, JSR.

No comments: