Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ninety-Ninth Day...

Greetings from the NICU. Take a look at the picture on the left. Do you notice anything? Is something missing? Yep, sure is! I'm not wearing my cannula, which means I am breathing on my own, PRAISE!!! Since late Sunday afternoon the nurses and RT's have been taking me off any and all breathing help for periods of time. I've been doing well and each time I get better at maintaining my O2 saturation rate. This may not be a permanent thing and I may still require some O2 help when I go home, but it is still HUGE. As this is being posted I've been on my own for a little over twelve hours, PRAISE! My folks are still stressing we take things one day at a time. We beg God for a good day today and we'll deal with tomorrow when it gets here, but Tuesday was a really really good day for me. Thanks for the continued prayers, because prayer works!! Last night my nurse, Kelly, gave a big ole' bath, dressed me up real cute, and took me around the NICU showing me off to everybody. It was so cool to be able to "cruise" around and see everybody. My feedings are still going well and I seem to be improving in all the necessary areas, PRAISE! I've said it a thousand times over the last 99 days and I'm gonna say it again; God has been more gracious to me than I could ever deserve! Soli Deo Gloria
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
Jude 24-25 (NKJV)

1 comment:

Burt said...

you look good without the cannula ... i'm just glad you look more like your mom than your dad!