Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eighty-Fifth Day...

Greetings from the NICU. Monday was a nice and easy day with nothing out of the ordinary happening, PRAISE! At this point any day where everything stays pretty much on course is a GREAT day. Today, however, is a significant day because get a good idea of when I'll be checking out of Hotel NICU. At some point the eye doc will come by to check me out. At that point he'll let us know if my eyes are mature enough for me to go home. So, it goes without saying that this could potentially be a BIGGIE. Even if he says I'm good to go I'll still be here for ten days to fourteen days. It takes a few days to get us little guys adjusted to the differences between NICU care and home life, but we'll have a definite idea of when this journey will end. If he says my eyes still need to develop some more then I'll be here a while longer, which is ok. I wanna go home, but if I need to stay a little while longer I'm cool with that. The doctors know best and God's got all of this under control so I'm good either way. My folks aren't really stressing over it except Mommy wants everything at home to be perfect for me. Just pray the exam shows my eyes are healthy no matter what stage of maturity they're at , that's the most important thing anyway. I don't know the time of my exam, but I'll try to update asap after it's over. Thanks for praying!! I'm gonna run so I can get the day started. Later, JSR.

Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!
Matt 6:22-23 (The Message)

No comments: