Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Eighty-Sixth Day

Hey Y'all. Yesterday was a good day in that I nursed well and had another consistent day with my O2 saturation rate, PRAISE! However, it was a less than spectacular day in that I had a tummy ache, was constipated, and the ophthalmologist didn't show for my eye exam. So, we had some good, some bad, and some disappointment. The tummy ache looks to be the normal baby stuff and I should get over it. If I don't go potty on my own by noon they'll probably have to help me along with a suppository. Oh what fun that will be! I'm a little disappointed that the doc was unable to get to my exam yesterday, but doctors are busy and sometimes things just come up and require adjustments to the schedule. It's no biggie, but hopefully he can squeeze me in at some point today. So, my prayer requests for today are a good eye exam, a good poop, and continued consistency and improvement in my O2 saturation and nursing. Also, please pray for my Mommy and Daddy. I can tell they are tired and need some rest and relaxation. Well, that about covers the latest so I'm gonna run and get my day started. Blessings, JSR.
And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to
his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:19 (NRSV)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Big Jon,

you might as well go ahead and poop because mama ain't gonna be happy until you do. This sort of reminds me of the time when Dan was in college at South Alabama and he had to keep his girlfriend's cocker spaniel, Cooper, at his apartment because she joined a sorority and you couldn't have pets in the sorority house.

At some point in time, Jessica, the girlfriend, had gotten a nice pair of beautiful pearl earrings from her daddy and they were one of her favorite pieces of jewelry. One day she had taken them out and had left them on the coffee table at Dan's apartment. Well ole Cooper must have thought they were a nice tasty morsel because when Jessica went looking for them they were gone and Cooper looked like the cat that had swallowed the canary (or maybe "the dog that had swallowed the pearls".) Naturally Jessica squalled like a baby (excuse the term Big Jon) because her daddy had given them to her & they were so special and nothing would do except for Dan to follow Cooper around for a day or two...you guessed it...just like one of thoseCSI investigators, and examine the evidence with a plastic fork and a toothpick or two.

Unfortunately the story does not have a happy ending...Jessica is no longer in the picture and that relationship is long over (which turned out to be a good thing in my humble opinion) and the earrings, well, let's just say that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and whatever God put in those stomach acids that we humans as well as animals have is some potent and tee-totally powerful stuff. Dan found the earrings but they were definitely not in shape to ever adorn anyone's ears again. And I think Cooper was pretty relieved to be done with the whole, sordid affair.

So just go ahead and poop and get mama'nim settled back down again...otherwise they'll be looking for pearls too.

your adopted aunt Sooz