Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ninety-Sixth Day...

God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer’s;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Hab. 3:19 (ESV)
Hello everybody, it's Sunday and I hope everybody has a great time at worship and that your weekend is going well. I heard this weekend is special because it's a national holiday, Memorial Day, which means an extra day off work for some. That means I'll get to see my Daddy one more day this week, PRAISE! I'm sure that as I get older I'll learn all about the significance of the day since a bunch of my family members have served in the armed forces. My Pop was in the Air Force and my Daddy was in the NAVY. Anyway, I'll quit rambling and get to the update.

I've had a good weekend thus far. The staff is starting to adjust my meds in preparation for me going home, PRAISE! Going home is a HUGE deal even if I go home on O2. I am eating fine although lately I've had an issue with spitting up. It's the normal stuff preemies go through and no one is overly concerned about it. My caregivers see it all the time and know how to deal with it. The only thing is when I spit up it usually comes up through my nose, which I absolutely hate, but who wouldn't? I'm not real crazy about them sticking that suction syringe up my nose, but it's necessary. I'm resting well and enjoying just hanging out, PRAISE! Yesterday I got to do something really cool. I got my first ride in the swing (see pictures above). I went right to sleep once that thing started moving, LOL. Well, that catches you up on the latest news. I hope everyone has a great holiday. Please continue to pray for my BPD, feedings, and continued improvements in strength, weight gain, and stamina. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Later, JSR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jonathan
You look really relaxed in the swing. Looks like a good place to take a nap. We pray for all your needs every day. You take care and have a great memorial day.
We will see you tomorrow.
LOVE YA ALL Pop & Meme.

Anonymous said...

Hi little one, Don't feel like you are the only "nose spitter" one of our great grands[twin premies] did that too. did not interfere with him going home though!
they will be three next month,seems like only a short time since they were in the nicu.

Iam still praying and I will keep on praying for you daily

Jonathan Paul's granny