Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ninety-Sixth Day...

Friday was a good day for me. I ate good, slept well, and thoroughly enjoyed hanging with my Mom. (BTW, this picture shows how she usually finds me, all scrunched down in the end of my crib.) Late in the day I was examined by Dr. Lozano, my pediatric pulmonologist. Afterward he spoke with Mommy about my struggles in stabilizing my O2 saturation rate. It seems that I have a lung condition called Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD). Basically, my lungs don't have enough air sacs to consistently supply me with the O2 I need. The good thing is that as I grow my lungs will develop more air sacs and I will gradually get better. So, it's something I'll grow out of. The negatives are that 50% of babies with this condition have asthma, and I am more vulnerable to illness. A cough could turn into a two week stay in the hospital. To lessen the chances of me getting really sick I'll have to be somewhat of a recluse for my first couple of years. So, when you come to see me you can't be sick and you have to wash your hands. If not, my folks won't let you in the house, LOL. You know it's a little bit of a downer finding out part of your body doesn't work right. But, it's not the end of the world. Actually, God has been really gracious to me. A lot of preemies have issues that they won't grow out of, but will deal with their whole life. I'll get better! Also, asthma is treatable and there are bunches of people who have asthma and you'd never know it. All things considered God is still being very good to me! Have a great weekend! Blessings, JSR.

This is a sign made to celebrate my three month B'day.

A big THANKS to whoever made it for me!

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12:8-10 (ESV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, you truly are so blessed by God. There are dozens of things you could have and for now each of these are something you can work with. And so what if you have to be a little more guarded, let's just look at how far God has brought you and the fact tthat you are even here. We rejoice every day and look to see what else God has done for you and through you, who knows-look what God has done already in your little life, He could take all this new "stuff" and one more miracle could be seen. Whatever happens God will walk right with you, your Mommy and Daddy each step of the way. Besides washing your hands and being healthy when you visit a new one like you isn't a bad thing at all! You have a restful night and a good day Sunday. We'll keep prayin' while you keep growin'. Hugs and kisses to you Jonathan and your Mommy and Daddy too!
Lyn and Mike