Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fortieth Day...

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday. I had another good day and night, thank the Lord. My nurse last night was Robin and she took really good care of me. Dr. Mena has upped my feeds to 22 ml every three hours and I am having "very little" residual. Once I get to 30 ml per serving my diet will be altered. We haven't discussed this with the docs other than it being mentioned in passing. We are all still focusing upon one day at a time. I am still on six hour rotations with breathing using the CPAP mask and the nose prong deal. FYI, I've been referring to it as the "nose prong deal," but the medical term is a Nasal Cannula (NC). Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier. Mommy and I snuggled for a good long while yesterday. My Dad tried to reach her several times but she was unavailable, LOL. He finally called the NICU and told them to have her call him when they could finally pry me from her arms, LOL. The holdings are really great!! Mommy really likes it and I always get a good nap. I want you guys to be in prayer for my Daddy. He's been working a lot of hours and hasn't been able to come visit much this week, he even has to work this weekend. He gets bummed out about it and feels like he's missing everything. So, pray for Jesus to be really close to him right now. I would really appreciate it. As far as prayer needs for me just keep praying for continued improvement in all the usual areas; breathing efficiency, feedings, stamina, and strength. I would like to close by once again thanking everyone who is praying for me. My folks have gotten tons of calls, cards, emails, and stuff from people everywhere letting us know they're lifting our family up. The other day we got emails from people in Texas, Iowa, New York, and California who are praying for us and they don't even know us. How cool is that?! I know I'm not the most critical preemie in the NICU and a big reason for that is prayer. So, THANK YOU!! Well, I've gotta go, time for the morning diagnostic. I hope you guys enjoy your day. Later, JSR.
Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, “My way is hidden from the Lord, and my right is disregarded by my God”? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isa. 40:27-31 (ESV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of these pictures of you and your mommy. I'm sorry to hear Daddy is working so much. My hubby works a lot too and it can be hard on Daddy's and little guys to be apart so much. Thank you for writing about prayer for your Dad. You help me remember that all dad's out there who miss time with their families because of their jobs need our prayer. Keep growing!