Monday, March 17, 2008

Twenty-Eighth Day...

Hey guys, can you believe I've been here a month!! Yep, today makes me one month old. So much has happened the last four weeks. In some ways it feels like it's been longer, but in other ways it seems like I was born just yesterday. Daddy says many things in life are that way. Today was a day like every other day this past week. I'm continuing to do well with my feedings and am still struggling to get my breathing stabilized. I'm not complaining, things could be a lot worse, just stating the facts. As I've said many times before, preemies often have difficulties in this area. So, we'll just keep praying that I would get stronger and that my lungs would mature.

My nurse today was Alice and I'll be hangin' with Elizabeth tonight. I've known these two ladies my whole life, LOL. Today was great day on my social calendar. One of Mommy's good friends, Shari, came to visit us. It was my first time to meet her, although I've already met her hubby, Brian. Shari is a nurse and has always been a good source for medical info for my folks. Meme and Pop also came by for a visit, which is always good. Another cool thing that happened today was my Mom surprised the NICU staff with two Honey Bun cakes; one for day shift and the other for the night shift. However, there is some doubt as to whether or not the second cake survived til the evening, LOL. My Dad says my Mommy can really cook! So, I guess I have some good meals ahead of me when I go home. As you can see it's been a busy day. I'm gonna go for now, but I want to, once again, thank everyone for their prayers on my behalf. I don't know how people, big or little, get through life without prayer. Sleep well and don't forget to thank the Lord for all the "little things," like breathing. JSR, out.
"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16 (ESV)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really amazing how much you have changed already! Hard to believe it's been a month too. You keep growing, young man. Love to you all!

Brian said...

Happy first month birthday. Keira is ready for you to come over for a play date. Keep growing and gaining strength, and know we are praying for you and your mommy and daddy everyday!

Heb. 11:1