Monday, March 31, 2008

Forty-Second Day...

Good morning, it's Monday and time to start another week. I was born on a Monday, therefore we count the weeks in the NICU as beginning on Mondays. This will be the sixth week of my journey and things are moving forward at a good pace. It's amazing to think of all the ways the Lord has provided for me thus far and I know he will continue to be faithful. All throughout the day yesterday they kept me on the NC (Nasal Cannula) to observe how I tolerated being off the CPAP mask. At some point last night I began to tire just a bit so they resumed the six hour rotation. Once they put the mask back on my stats returned to a normal range. So, I am back to rotating between the NC and the mask. They'll give me a couple of more days on the rotation and try again. All of this is normal and no one on the staff is surprised or worried by this. I continue to tolerate my feedings well and digestion remains good. Please pray for continued improvement in breathing mechanics and efficiency, good feeds, BM's, and stamina. There is nothing special scheduled for today, so the emphasis will be on getting me stronger. Y'all keep praying and I'll keep growing. Blessings, JSR.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Phil. 4:13 (KJV)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Good Morning Big Jon!

My my you're getting big! You've gained an entire 10 oz since last week. In "big speak" that's more than 2 sticks of Land o' Lakes butter that you've put on those hams of your's. The "weight race" might have started off slowly behind the pace car but "Big Jon Ray in the Formula 1 car" (or maybe it's Big Jon Ray in his "mommy's own formula" car) is started to move ahead and away from the pack with his "go for the groceries, gas tootin', poop scoopin', gut stuffin', all around big eatin', full-bodied engine!

Pass the biscuits please!

Love,

your "adopted" aunt Sooz

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, We are thankful and proud you are doing so well.Keep up the good work and we will see you soon. Take care of Mommy & Daddy.Love you all.
Pop & Meme

Crissy said...

We haven't forgotten you guys. We're still praying. Glad you keep us posted! If you guys need anything, please, please let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.