Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thirtieth Day...

Hello, I hope y'all had a good day. Today was a positive day in many areas. I haven't had an "episode" with my stats all day, great news. I've put on a little more weight and now weigh in at 980 grams. My feedings and digestion are going well. There has been very little residual, unprocessed food, from my feedings, which is great! My digestive system is performing well, I had 3 BM's today. So, I seem to be progressing at a nice pace. Breathing efficiency continues to be an issue. Tonight they are going to start me on some meds that will help my lungs and decrease any internal swelling that might be part of the problem. Please remember all of these things in prayer as we still have many days ahead of us in the NICU. All the things I mentioned are good and signs of my body maturing, but they weren't the best part of the day. Today's highlight was when I got to be held by my Mommy (see pic). Yep, they rearranged all my hook ups and put me right in her arms. It was cool!! We sat for about 30 minutes until I got tired. I pretty much slept the whole time, but the environmental change kinda tuckered me out. It must have been a thrill for her to actually hold me instead of just reaching inside my crib to touch me. Dr. Strange says that Mommy holding me is a bonding exercise. That's really important since I'm supposed to still be in the womb. Tomorrow should be another good day if progress continues. So, everyone keep praying and I'll keep growing. Later, JSR.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love to see you holding your baby! Thanks for the updates; I watch for them every day.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm so proud that you got to hold him!