Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thirty-Eighth Day...

Good morning guys and gals. Yesterday and last night both went well. I maintained having good feeds and digestion, my breathing is showing steady improvement, and my stamina is improving bit by bit. All good news! Sometimes preemies have trouble staying on the straight and narrow path of positive steps for several days in a row, but God has been gracious and yesterday we took another step forward. If you notice, in the picture the CPAP mask has been replaced by nose prongs. The prongs are the next step to getting off the CPAP and breathing without training wheels. The staff has begun a process of each day having me rotate from the mask to the prongs every three hours. If I can manage this comfortably then the time will increase to a six hour rotation. If I can handle six hours without issue then the CPAP will be gone and my breathing will be 100% me. So, it's possible that within a week or two I could be breathing without any assistance! Wow, it's hard to believe we have progressed to this point. If you've followed my journey then you know that breathing efficiently has been a major issue for me. So, to even be to the point where we can speak of that day being on the horizon is HUGE. Please pray for continued progress as we all know that this has all been the Lord's doing. He's sustained me, given me great people to care for me, and lead many to pray for me. It's such a comfort knowing that the Sovereign God of the universe loves you and is intimately involved with your whole life. I hope you guys have a great day. I'm about to start the morning routine so I've gotta run. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Later, JSR.

A PSALM OF PRAISE
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalm 100 (ESV)

3 comments:

4theluv said...

Cool hat, Jonathan! Keep getting stronger. We will keep praying for you and your mom and dad. God is certainly sustaining us as we watch Him sustain you!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this picture! What a big boy he's getting to be! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon Jonathan's blog by accident. However, it was no accident, it was God's plan. I work for a Birmingham law firm and we are a praying group of women. A group that gets together once every 2 weeks during our lunch hour for bible study. Jonathan and his family have been on our prayer list here at work ever since I stumbled upon this blog by "accident". We are continuing to lift Jonathan and his family up. We pray God's strength pours into his little body and his forward progress continues. God Bless from the Ladies at Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart!!!