Monday, March 3, 2008

Fourteenth Day...



Well, today marks my fourteenth day out of the womb. If I were still hangin' with Mommy I would be 27 weeks & 2 days. I still can't believe the time has passed so fast. It seems like just yesterday that I was born, but it has already been two weeks! I guess that's the way it is with time, it always seems to just slip away. I wonder where it goes? Hmm.

The Potter and the Clay
The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will let you hear my words.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.
Jer. 18:1-6 (ESV)

I've had a good weekend. However, there is one crucial area of concern. Dr. DiCarlo talked with my parents yesterday about the instability of my CO2 levels. This has has the docs concerned that I'm getting tired, which is 100% normal for babies in my situation. If they determine that I am indeed tired and that my tiredness is the reason for my CO2 issues then I will have to go back on the vent. This is not a good thing. So much of how they proceed in my care depends upon my ability to breath on my own or with minimal help. Going back on the vent is not uncommon for preemies, but it is risky. Every day on the ventilator increases my chances for lung and/or eye damage that could cause issues for me later. So, today we are praying & begging for stamina, strength, and improved efficiency in breathing. I ask you guys to join us in praying for these things. Some of you are saying, but things were going so well? True, but this is the way it goes with early birds like me, a little bit like a roller coaster. We'll just pray through it knowing God's in control and he knows best. I'll check back later in the day.

5 comments:

Burt said...

thanks for telling us these things to specifically pray for ... tho many of us are praying for you we don't always know what to ask our Father for!

MattD said...

Keep the faith Johnathon. You've got alot of friends you haven't met praying for you (and Mom & Dad)!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan , I follow your progress every day. I have my Jon Jon [thirteen] Laura Paul- Cone and Joe Paul's son.

I pray for you every time you come to mind during my day.

Bless you little one , I have twin great grands that were premies,thay stayed weeks at St. V. they are almost three now and you would never know they were so premature!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan just wrote to you. Hope when you get to where you can use a comp. you will be able to type. you must already know they is sp. they!!!!---not thay

I forgot to tell you, I can see such a difference since you were born. I look at your pictures every day.

I am Laura Paul-Cones Mom , I live in Inverness and visited your church when she lived here,
perhaps I can come and see you when you start going to church.
Linda Heaton

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I prayed yesterday that your strenght would increase,way to go little one, we are still continuing our prayers.

Jonathan Paul's Granny