Friday, March 28, 2008

Thirty-Ninth Day...

"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
Jude 24-25 (ESV)

Good morning all, I hope y'all rested well. My night went really well and I feel refreshed for the day. My nurse last night was Stephanie. It was her first time to care for me so I took it easy on her. Daddy called earlier and she said I was a real "sweetie." So, obviously I didn't play around with a loaded diaper or have a fit when she handled me, LOL. I'm still doing a good job of digesting my feedings, which remain at 21 ml per serving. However, they've added a growth medicine to each feeding to give me more calories in order to increase my growth rate. There's nothing wrong and they are not concerned that I'm growing too slow. The docs just want me to be as big and as strong as possible. The goal is to get me breathing on my own and gaining a little weight and strength will greatly assist in making this happen. I've been changed from a three to six hour rotation on the nose prong deal. This is really great news. I was tolerating the three hour "shifts" just fine so they bumped me up. The next step is no CPAP, but I think we are a few days away from that happening. So, everything is continuing on course, PRAISE!! Mommy came for her usual visit yesterday and of course we got to cuddle for a while. I love being held by my Mommy. I always go right to sleep and take a big fat nap. Dad had to work late so he didn't get to come by. I miss him when he can't come by, but he calls throughout the day just to check on me. Meme and Pop were also here for a while, which was cool. They come up once a week to get fresh pictures, help out, and visit. My Pop always has a camera attached to his hand whenever I see him, LOL. Today will be more of the same as far as my treatment goes. Keep praying for effective breathing, stamina, strength, and weight gain. Well, they're here for my morning physical so I've gotta go. I promise I'll do a better job of giving you guys an evening update, but the days have been really long lately. I hope each of you has a great day and that the presence of Christ will be especially real and sweet to you. Blessings, JSR.

No comments: