Sunday, March 30, 2008

Forty-First Day...

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my whole being shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. For as the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and
praise to spring up before all the nations.
Isa. 61:10-11 (NRSV)
A good Lord's Day morning to all. I hope you're having a swell weekend. There's not much new news to tell you, but I'll give you the latest. Robin was my nurse last night and she reported that I've had an uneventful evening. I'm still at 22 ml on my feedings and continue to do a fine job of digesting my food. The staff has kept me on the six hour rotation between the Nasal Cannula (NC) and the CPAP mask, which seems to be working really well. I am continuing to have steady BM's. My Xrays, labs, and morning physicals are still normal. One new thing that happened was I had my first eye exam yesterday. The doc said everything looked just like it was supposed to look. This was a relief for my folks since one of the potentially adverse effects of the ventilator is eye damage. It's not that the vent can make a preemie go blind, but it can cause issues with having 20/20 vision. As of right now, none of the potentially negative effects a vent can have on a preemie are showing up! This is subject to change, but the longer I go without anything showing up the less likely it is that I have suffered any negative consequences. This is a huge PRAISE! We are so very thankful to God for his grace in this area. So, you're all up to date. I should be able to get an afternoon update in later, Sundays are usually pretty lazy around here. Have a great time at worship! Blessings, JSR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Gables family continues to praise God for your progress Jonathan! Please tell Mommy and Daddy that we are praying for God's continued grace and strength for them as well! The Lord is faithful!

Stephen & Ginger