Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Twenty-Third Day...



Hello from the NICU! I know that some of you have been worried, since I didn't post an update last night or this morning. Everything is fine... but my Internet has been down. Sorry-didn't mean to worry you!

Things are going well. Yesterday, they upped my feeds again so that now I'm up to 5mls every 3 hours. That's a whole teaspoon! It may not sound like much, but it is for this little tummy! Thankfully, I'm still processing my food well. I also gained a little more weight and am now up to 2 lbs! I'm still having some trouble keeping my O2 levels consistent, and am still having some "episodes" where my heart rate drops and my nurse has to run over and stimulate me to breathe and recover. Dion, one of my respiratory techs, told Mommy yesterday that they had started giving me some breathing treatments several times a day to help with this. I've responded well so far, and am hoping that I will continue to improve so I can come off the ventilator soon.

Today, I have several specific prayer requests. Please continue to pray that I tolerate my feedings well and continue to gain weight and grow strong. Also, please pray that God will help my lungs to work they way they need to and my body to process air like it should. Pray that the new medicine they're giving me will help with this and that I can maintain steady O2 and CO2 levels. Pray that I can improve in these areas and come off the ventilator soon. I know that God is a big God and He can handle all this stuff. After all, He made me!

Well, I guess that's all for now. Don't be alarmed if I don't get to post regularly for a few days... they're still working on my Internet situation. Just keep checking in with me! Thanks for all your prayers for me and Mommy and Daddy. Keep praying and I'll keep growing! JSR out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't ya know that an internet issue would rear it's head during a situation like this! Glad to see you posted anyway. And soooo glad to hear little man is doing so well. Thank you again for the specific prayer requests.

Jamie said...

I was sad not to have an update this morning, but I completly understand, I guess it is hard keeping internet up and going in your little preemie condo. I love you. Keep on growing little buddy!

Burt said...

2 lbs is awesome ... keep on eating!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the two pounds,and the teaspoon of milk.You have come a long way.Ithank the Lord for that.
We are coming to visit you tomorrow,and we know you have grown since the last time So keep up the good work.May God put his loving arms around you and keep you safe tonight and always.Love you very much Meme and Pop

Anonymous said...

Hello Jonathan.. you are so beautiful.. i know that your mommy and daddy are very proud of you.. wish i could see you and hope to soon.. keith hope you and rebecca are well we are praying.. hope to see you all soon.. love ya'll bunches.. Shannon Sargent

Anonymous said...

2 lbs! Alright! We'll be praying to see you soon!