Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thirty-Third Day...

Hey guys & gals, I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful morning. I had a "wonderful" night. I ate, slept, and filled diapers all night. I guess there are two ways to look at my filling diapers; I'm either full of it or it keeps me from being full of it, LOL. Seriously, my digestive system seems to be fully operational and in mid-season form. I am still tolerating my feeds without any major issues. However, there was one point yesterday when they drew off a large amount of residual, it was more than at any point in the past. My nurse, Emily, said it was due to my being upset. It seems that when preemies get upset or throw a fit it disrupts the digestive process. Why was I having a hissy? Well, they had just finished handling me and, as you know, I don't like that very much. I'm doing fine on the CPAP. My O2 saturation rate is fine and I seem to be holding my own stamina wise. Keep praying for strength and stamina! FYI, there are two devices used to connect the patient to the CPAP, nose prongs and a mask. The nose prongs do just what the name says, they are stuck up your nose. I am not a fan of the prong deal! The mask covers a portion of the patient's face forming a passage allowing the air to travel, my preferred method. So, it's been a good night and morning so far. The nurses just finished running me through the paces this AM and I'm gonna take a nap. Mommy and Daddy will be up later. I want to be rested up when they get here so we can do the holding thing again. Yesterday Mommy got to hold me kangaroo style (pictured). I really LOVE the kangaroo style hold. I slept for over an hour yesterday while Mommy held me. Today is Daddy's turn and I know he's looking forward to it. So, as you can see we have a big day ahead us and little dudes need their rest. Oh yeah, one last thing, tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday!! I hope everyone remembers the significance of the day and truly celebrates the beauty of Jesus Christ!! Later, JSR.

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."
Rom. 5:6-11 (ESV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, From looking at the picture you are going to need a hair cut before long. So happy you had a good night. I know your Mom & Dad are looking forward to holding you today. Pray you have a great day and a better Easter.
Love you all ,Pop.