Monday, March 24, 2008

Thirty-Fifth Day (evening update)...

I hope everyone has had a great day. Life in the NICU was just more of what we've had lately. There are about 30 babies in here, for various reasons, and it can get loud and wild at the drop of a stat. It can get on your nerves, but you get used to it. My day went well. Dr. Mena upped my feeds to 20 ml per serving, YEAH! If you remember, the staff thought it best to suspend the amount increase until I got used to the CPAP. I've been doing pretty well and the reward is more milk. My nurse today was Emily. We basically hung out all day; I ate, slept, and pooped while she made sure I did it all correctly, LOL. Seriously, they do a really good job of monitoring me in the mundane tasks of life. It's all part of being in a intensive care unit. The best part of the day was this afternoon when Mommy got to hold me for a while. I don't think that will ever get old. Well, I'm off to get fed and some shut eye. I'll update again in the AM. JSR, out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! Jonathan is the greatest gift that God could have given. I just wanted you guys to know that you are in my prayers and I think about you all daily. Love you.

Jennifer Walls

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray Jonathan, you are so precious.
So glad things are going well .
Jon Jon Paul's granny