Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thirteenth Day...


I had a good night as I pretty much slept through til morning. I did have one "episode" where my heart rate dipped low, but my nurse, Kim, patted me and it picked right back up. I don't know why that happens sometimes. None of my caregivers seem to be alarmed by it so it must be one of those preemie things. Anyway, it's not a persistent problem. I'm still on 1 cc of milk every three hours and my labs look good this AM. My docs really want my blood work to be more consistent. I'm kinda all over the place with my electrolyte and gas (O2 & CO2) levels. So, that is an area I need you guys to pray for. Although I'm hooked up to monitors the docs really study my labs. They're a really good indicator of how all my parts are working.

I had some visitors last night, Jeff & Rita Wyatt (pictured above), they're good friends with my folks. They've been praying for me, but things hadn't worked out for us to meet. Mom & Dad went to dinner with them last night after they left at 6PM. (Every night all guests, non-NICU people, have to leave at 6PM for shift change and stuff, they may return after 8PM.) When my parents returned they brought the Wyatts. They are really nice and I look forward to seeing more of them in the future, and meeting their 3 yo, Matthew. Every Sunday evening after church Daddy and Jeff watch a DVR recording of the day's NASCAR race. I don't know what NASCAR is, but I'm sure I will find out.

It's been a good weekend thus far, lazy and productive. I hear that's a rare combination. I hope everyone has a great time at church. I'll be worshipping the way preemies do, just by being a testimony to God's creative power and imagination. How we're made is really mind blowing when you think how all our parts work together. Yaw keep praying and I'll keep growing. Blessings, JSR.
“Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted."
Isa. 12:3 (ESV)

No comments: