Sunday, March 2, 2008

More of My Nurses

It's a lazy Sunday, so I thought I'd introduce a few more of the ladies who take such good care of me. They're all really super and really nice. They have to be sweet to put up with my Dad's relentless questions. He's really the epitome of the saying "inquiring minds want to know."

In the top photo we have (L to R) Julie and Alice. Julie works weekends, likes Lynyrd Skynyrd, and has lots of experience with little ones. Alice was one of the first nurses my parents met when I entered the NICU. She's a real pro and has been super to my folks. These ladies, as well as the other nurses, basically do everything for us preemies. We depend on them for just about every need we have. Nurses play a huge role in our care, doing everything from changing a diaper to administering meds.

In the bottom picture we have one the respiratory techs (RT), Cherie (aka "Rie Rie"). She's always smiling and very energetic. I get tired just watching her when she's working close to my crib. I can't remember what she's doing to me in this picture, but I'm sure I'm giving her a hard time about it. Her job is focused on respiratory development. RT's monitor any and every thing associated with a baby's breathing. The NICU has many RT's who are great.

There are many more people who take care of me and I hope to introduce some of them to you in the future. It takes a bunch of people to care for us little ones, we tend to be high maintenance. That's the reality of our world here in the NICU. The work these ladies do is so important and I thank God for all of them, and the men too, LOL.

No comments: