Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thirty-Sixth Day...

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
Matt. 7:7-11 (ESV)

Hello and Good Morning, I had a good night last night. Heather was my nurse and I behaved well for her. When I first got here, which seems like a long time ago, Heather was one of the first people to care for me. However, scheduling and stuff have kept her from having me for a while so it was good to get reacquainted. Dad called this morning and she told him I was doing good and that my night went well. I have gained a little weight and right now I'm at 2 lb. 5 oz. They weigh me every night, but I only post it once a week (see the "My Weekly Progress" section) because it fluctuates a lot. I can gain 30 grams in a day then have two good BM's and lose almost all of it. So, rather than tell you about every little change I post once a week to give you a big picture view of my weight. That's also why the staff concentrates on slow steady growth because it's a sign of actual mass and not retained fluid or something like that. I know I have been doing really well lately and there's the temptation to get a false sense of security because it's been a while since I've had a set back. It's important to remember that I'm by no means out of the woods yet. The docs remind us that my condition is still termed as "critical." Tomorrow I could be back on the ventilator or having other issues that seemingly come out of nowhere. Remember the preemie principle; two steps forward and one step back. I'm really thankful to God and happy about where I'm at in my development, but "It ain't over til it's over." So, please keep praying for breathing efficiency, stamina, growth, good feedings, and BM's. I will be in the NICU for many more days and will need your support and love. We're still taking things one day at a time, begging God for a good day today and we'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I'm still amazed at how God cares for us. I'm surrounded by really great and capable people all placed here by God to take care of me. I have all of you praying for me and taking such good care of my folks. Thinking about it and everything that's involved is more than I can fathom, but I suspect that's something you don't out-grow. Blessings, JSR.

1 comment:

The Hamons said...

Hi, Rebecca & Keith & Jonathan-

My name is Elissa. My husband and I are friends of Darren Paulson's here in CA, minister with him at our new church. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that we've been praying for you all and will continue to. God is good!